It is hard to manage screen time when you are in charge. When someone else helps watch your child it can be harder to control. Here are a few tips and resources to share about this sensitive topic.
- Make sure that your care provider is aware of the recommendations to avoid media time with children less than two years old, and to limit media use for those two and older.
- Request that no adult programming be viewed while an infant or toddler is in the room.
- Inquire about daily activities.
- What are the routines?
- Where does mealtime occur?
- Is physical activity incorporated everyday?
- Do children get exposed to literacy activities?
Resources For Caregivers